A REFRESHING SLAP


I have been awoken by a refreshing slap

A refined illustration of how to be a fisherman.

I have decided to be the baker of my own bread

To feel the heat of the oven 

To throw away every morsel of entitlement 

To be drunk with aspirations 

And not be timid about my weaknesses.

I will lovingly embrace my uncertainty 

Because it will propel me to rediscovery

I will religiously hold on to my fears

Because they will remind me that I am but just a man

I will accept my failure

Because the denial of failure is a more lethal failure 

I will not abscond from my pain because it will serve as fuel for this crazy journey 

I am ready to go through the loops of adversity 

To welcome negative experiences because only from them will I know monumental positive experiences


I have been awoken by a refreshing slap

To get on my knees and plead for reconnection with my inner man

To be in sync with spiritual creativity 

To rebuke the clouds of misfortune.

No more will I let the idea of being exceptional put me down

Because there’s nothing really special about me

I do not deserve preferential treatment 

I do not want to think I am the only one going through the sewage pipes

I do not crave pity 

Because it will make me a selfish benchwarmer

I will not be indifferent but will accept the fact that I’m different 

That my flaws are flawless

That I am wholesome in my suffering self.


I have been awoken by a refreshing slap

And I shout “Power”!!!!

I cry hot tears of regrets for wasted years

And laugh stomach hurting laughter for calling wasted years, wasted years.

That I am one step away from a step.

Oh hear my proclamation and dance with me

Because the coming years will be full of progress

From a problem to a slightly better problem and to problems I will enjoy solving 

Isn’t that the true essence of progress?

Oh laugh with me

Laugh at my pain

But open your eyes while at it.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AITHÉRIOS🪐🧚

SPIRITS🧖‍♂️🪽🪐🍃🌞

SHANTEVA