AFTER A STRESSFUL DAY
After a stressful day
I give a full blown sigh as I make haste to marinate in my hot bath tub.
In a slow but steady pattern, the events of the day flash before my very consciousness
And I make desperate effort to unpack them from my mind
While I sip from the glass of bacardi that sits sexy at the edge of the the bath tub.
Jazz music steeps from the boom box and becomes a masseuse to my mind and soul.
At that moment, I realize my bathroom has become a dome shielding me from dreadful reality
But I choose to hold on tight to this treat.
I do not need to be reminded of the fact that every good thing comes to an end
Because in the end I would have met my heart’s desires
And maybe I will be too drunk with rum to walk vertically to the bedroom without feeling like I’m stepping on clouds
But I’m stepping on clouds
Embraced by white fluffy shower robe,
I open the box of pizza laying next to the bed lamp to feed the relentless workaholic that resides in me.
All tabs in my head are closed
Mute television of little children playing on the beach rolls my eyes into a new day as the blaring alarm clock kills off the potential hypersomniac that resides in me.
Comments
Post a Comment